Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkish crimea Light Brigade

I
    Last edited by ROBB; 02-13-2008, 02:20 AM.
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>Frazer</td> <td>Pte</td> <td>Robert</td> <td>1435</td> <td>13th LD</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Frazier, Frazer</td> <td>Pte</td> <td>Richard</td> <td>825</td> <td>13th LD</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Both were chargers with the 13th Light Dragoons. Thats at least a pint you owe me Robb :-)

Comment

You do know that the Turkish Crimea medals are privately engraved?

The medal used to be very cheap and it would suprise me if some disreputable people named them up to chargers as they did with the Crimea medals.

Show us a photo of the naming on the rim.

Comment

am
        Last edited by ROBB; 02-13-2008, 02:20 AM.

Comment

not
          Last edited by ROBB; 02-13-2008, 02:21 AM.

Comment

in
            Last edited by ROBB; 02-13-2008, 02:21 AM.

Comment

am
              Last edited by ROBB; 02-13-2008, 02:22 AM.

Comment

out
                Last edited by ROBB; 02-13-2008, 02:23 AM.

Comment

or
                  Last edited by ROBB; 02-13-2008, 02:23 AM.

Comment

I have always been fascinated by the Crimean War and this is a beautiful medal ... let us know if you manage to get it .. .good luck Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Robb this medal I am sorry to say is no more than a talking point. There is no one who could tell you if this medal is genuine or not. That is the problem with medals issued unnamed. Also there may of been a Sergeant of the same name who didnt charge. You could view a few at the regimental museum I suppose but it still doesnt prove that this his medal. Bid 100 and see what happens........but I know you wont secure it for that.........half the 'barmy army' will probably be there.

Comment

Lummis & Wynn in "Honour the Light Brigade" list two Privates, 1435 Robert Frazer, and 825, Richard Frazier, as mentioned in an earlier post. Robert was killed in the charge, while Richard is listed as being sick at Scutari 22 Nov. 1854, well after the charge. Both had medals issued with the Balaklava clasp. As you may know, a confirmed "charger" Crimea Medal will fetch over 8000 pounds sterling, probably close to double that if a casualty.

Comment

I just noticed what appears to be the rank of Serjeant impressed onto the medal in question; that gives me cause for concern. Private to serjeant in a year or so? Not that likely in the mid-Victorian British Army.

Comment

in
                            Last edited by ROBB; 02-13-2008, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Well,I am more than a bit dubious re: this medal. The rank concerns me, and the latest edition of "Medal Yearbook" states that very good copies of this medal have shown up in in recent years, emanating from the West Country of England. Is the medal being offered by a reputable dealer, or a private seller?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X