British H. M. Submarine white hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a recent hometown auction item I won a few weeks ago. I went to the auction to bid on a US .45 ACP pistol (which turnded out to be an import) and a POJ. While I was there I noticed this cap and thought that it was rather interesting being it was a submariners cap. I got caught up in a bidding war and I paid $65.00 for it. How can you tell from which era it is from? My first thoughts were from the 1940's but as I look the cap over, I now feel it may be from the 1960's. The one thing I did like about it, is it has the owners name in it, K.MUIR. How could one pin point the age of the item and any information about K. MUIR. Over all the cap is in excellent condition and it may turn up on the e-stand someday soon.
    Attached Files

Bow tie side of hat...
    Attached Files

Comment

Name inside, K. MUIR...
      Attached Files

Comment

I have hoped that some one would know the time period of you hat as I also have one that I would like to find out the same information about.

My cap is made of a white vinyl like material or cellulose...it is in other words "plastic like" but my be of a wartime type. The band is for the Ark Royal which I understand is a title carried by several ships that existed prior to WWII, during WWII and well after WWII.

My hat also has two air vets on each side and that is the only difference that I can see between it and the one posted above. I can tell if the cover material (white vinyl like) is also present on the one pictured above.

Any information as to the time frame that these British Navy cap made from the vinyl like material would be appreciated.

Comment

Recent issue me thinks as this style of prot-starboard is still in use. 65$ is not too much to pay for one of these.

I can't remember is all the tallies read as HM submarines or if this is one from the submariner school (unqulified submariner) Been a long time since my swabbie days.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X