Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this knife ??

Hello ,
    I received this knife from a belgian vet who served in the english army from 44 to 45. Does anyone have any information about this kind of knife ? Civil or military ? Thanks, Pierre
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Commercially-manufactured item. Non-service issue.

Comment

Classic good quality Sheffield and collected by some.

Still have one myself and I always had it with me when I was in the Army as I am sure many other did as well, pre, during and post war.

Not out of place in a kit-bag or on a web-belt, just not an issue item.

Weren't these also the classic 'Boy-Scout' Knife as well?

Comment

I have the exact knife which I acquired from WWII US para veteran's estate. It was in a box with the rest of his kit that had been stored since the end of the war. Besides this knife the kit also contained an early Sykes Fairbairn dagger.

I believe these knives were not government issue per se but apparently were requisitioned to suppliment other knives such as the Sykes Fairbairn that were in somewhat short supply.

Tony
            An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

A bit more...........

Besides the Taylor,Witness brand you show this same style knife was also made by Southern & Richardson, Sheffield, England.

Tony
              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

One should never be to quick to put down these types of period items it was as it is today expedient for the the supply folks to go out on the economy and LPO or LOCAL PURCHASE ORDER any items on short supply and I believe this knife is exactly this a US issued LPO knife. As a coy CQ I had to deal with this type of equpiement all the time as it was tricky had to be signed for but at the same time was not accountable as not government issue go figure lol

Comment

Thanks all,
                  I do appreciate it !
                  Pierre

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X