This Is Bloody Scary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Is Bloody Scary.

Found this on ebay and whilst there are a few minor flaws LOOK AT THE STRAPS! If they look as good in the flesh as they do here then there are likely to be some very upset collectors some time soon. As I said a few minor flaws (easily corrected by someone who knows originals well) but near as damit there. I suspect we are about to see a wave of very good fakes in the not too distant future.

Yours, Guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/British-WWII-Par...QQcmdZViewItem

Guy, this is a decent replica indeed. However, there are a few details that can't be corrected easily I think.

Cheers, Luc

Comment

Yeah, the liner stinks, I'm suprised they could do such a nice job replicating the harness but make such a pigs ear of the liner. My train of thought extended to the straps, nothing else. With a couple of tweeks they could be very convincing. I should have said we could be about to see a lot of rebuilt pieces with replica straps which would probably get past the novice. Really, the quality and attention to detail is amazing!

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Whaaaatttt!!! .... $550 for a replica?.... Noooo Waayyyyyy!

Whoever shells out that kind of cash for a none original wants their bumps felt!

Seph

Comment

Six or more of those replica Brit Para's (same seller) have sold on ebay in the past two years and all of them sold for over $500.00 one went for $625.00

Comment

OH well... its certainly confirms the old addage: "A fool and his money are easily parted!"

Seph

Comment

I should think It's rather more sinister than that Seph. I suspect some of these are being bought by unscrupulous individuals for resale to novices rather like easy green's offerings on ebay. Why else would a re-painted M1 with spurious markings make 6 to 8 hundred dollars on a regular basis.

Not nice, Guy.

Comment

There are a few very interesting threads about one seller who regulary lists German para helmets on eBay hes faked up with air brushing and the like.

They fetch considerably more money than the example shown here.

It has to be understood that there is considerably more source material to work from when it comes to para German Camos...............hardly anything when it comes to the British stuff.
                Last edited by yellow; 01-26-2008, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X