ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NewZealand ww1-2 Items of interest and large grouping,paperwork,books,postcards etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NewZealand ww1-2 Items of interest and large grouping,paperwork,books,postcards etc

Hey ya guys

Thought some people might find some of this well, interesting

First up is 2 Books I got my hands on over the last few weeks

both pre ww2

1st book

early first ed numbered copy of the 1916 Anzac book, if your a kiwi or aussie, and your yet to get your hands on a copy of this... its amust! best read ever!!

2nd book

1927 copy of the Regulations for the Military Forces of the Dominion of New Zealand and the cool part! it has been updated by hand via the Fortress commander of the NZTS alot of edit work, all signed etc, areal gem, :P

Next, a bunch of items,paper clippings, photos etc from my great uncle "Ivor Owens" who served in ww2, Im not sure about a bunch of items he had, so if anyone can help me with the research, I would be very Happy

as for the badges and pins etc, i dont have much of a clue about most of them,

I believe this is something he held during the war, mayhap around his neck, and its smooth at a point like some has been rubbing it with their fingers

This would have come from his mother, for good luck as she was a Catholic nun when she was much younger

these i dont have aclue,

and some badges

now anyhelp would be great, ohhh I also did get his medals etc, but everyone has seen those before

sorry to say kiwi ric, these are well known fakes out of Pakistan ....

Kidding

Looks like a nice grouping indeed, especially when family is concerned !

Congratulations !

Regards

Mark

Comment

Opps my last comment was not correct to early in the mornging to figure out left and right.

nice grouping The parade photo looks post war juding by the cars in the photos.
      Last edited by byterock; 01-11-2008, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Hey thanks guys, yes I think you are right about that photo, might have been a case of when the lads came back from the war, etc or a rsa march

Comment

Horseshoe

The Horseshoe badge is a well known good luck symbol.
          The tails pointing up meaning the good luck will not run out.

Gary J.

Comment

Hey thanks Gary, I thought it might have been a good luck item as such

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X