Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 Battledress restoration

Hello everyone,

I recently aquired a 1945 dated Canadian battledress converted to an officers wearing out BD. The patch collectors have been at it so it is stripped, but some of the original threading remains. The shoulder flash looks like royal engineers, from the red thread and the rank looks like it was a crown (so major?) but underneath the shoulder flash there was a divisional patch and the threading is light red/pink? Could any one help me in id'ing the proper patches that belonged on this BD. Thank you in advance. I have posted a couple of pics to try and make things easier.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritchie...7603539240605/

Ritchie.

PS- if anyone has any ideas about the campaign bars as well it would be appreciated, i have added a pic.
    Last edited by ritchie4; 12-24-2007, 05:20 PM.

Of course you meant to say Royal "Canadian" Engineers... the threads in the area of the rank insignia appear to be blue which would be correct for an engineer officer. As for the threads in the area of the formation patch, I would suggest that the patch was red as there were definately no pink formation patches. Maybe it was the red rectangle of the 1st Division? I am unable to determine the shape of the former patch from your photos.

Comment

I would tend to agree with Infanteer.... 1rst division red rectangle

Comment

hi,

Thanks for your help so far!
        ive turned it inside out and can see that the division patch is a rectangle. I know the regiment flashes are easy to come by, but where is there a reliable source to get a disional flash. any thoughts would be appreciated. I am going to try and restore the battledress for my display, does any one have any thoughts on how to go about this, ie materials, methods. Thank you in advance

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X