Is there a Case for the VC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a Case for the VC?

Many of the other "higher" up awards for the Commonwealth came with a case. See below couple of examples. Did the VC come with a case as well? Does anyone have an example?

MC
    Attached Files

Afc
    Attached Files

Comment

Dfc
      Attached Files

Comment

The VC did have a case. There is a photo of one on a medal orientated forum, the collector who owns it did a swop fora Boer War DCM. I have to say I thought he was crazy. If ever I get hold of a VC case I`ll be more than happy to do that deal!

Comment

Originally posted by yellow View Post
          The VC did have a case. There is a photo of one on a medal orientated forum, the collector who owns it did a swop fora Boer War DCM. I have to say I thought he was crazy. If ever I get hold of a VC case I`ll be more than happy to do that deal!
          Thanks mate. CAny chance to grab a picture and post here?

Comment

You can expand this pic of an older case, wwi.

http://www.mckenzie.uk.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 101LRRP View Post
              You can expand this pic of an older case, wwi.

http://www.mckenzie.uk.com/
              Thanks mate. I'll post the pic here in case the link dies.
              Attached Files

Comment

Your welcome. Here is another link to a more recent VC shown in it's case. I would post the pic but I haven't re-subscribed to the forum.

http://www.army.mod.uk/pwrr/citations_page/index.htm

Comment

thx

Thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I will draw my fellow mod Raymond's attention to this thread. He is friend's with a lady who's Dad won the VC in WW1 and she still has the case.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi

Yes, the VC came in a case and looks like the one that Darrell posted and has the jewellers mark (Hancock) on the inside and obviously a recess for the medal to sit in. I recall there is a small push button at the bottom of the case, and I note from the recent recipient that shown, that they have kept that feature.

I can try and see if I can photograph the case with my friends permission, if that would help anyone on the forum.

It will not be until the New Year, but I think it should be OK

Raymond

Comment

Great stuff. Thanks everyone

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X