Canadian Discharge paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Discharge paper

I picked this up a while back at a antique mall along with his very moth eaten shoulder title.
    Attached Files

back side
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, too bad the family did not want it. I have my Dad's, it is nearly identical. Thanks for showing

Comment

A nice example to a Sapper. His service number indicates his first unit was #2 District Depot, RCE.

Sadly, these are often found separated from the medals and other items pertaining to the man's service. They are one of the more common documents to find, since proof of service and discharge was important...

Thanks for sharing.

Adam

Comment

Here is the version of the discharge certificate that I am most familiar with. It is printed on a heavy linen material.
          Attached Files

Comment

Both are official types. I believe the example above is the earlier version. It more closely resembles the WWI type form. The one first posted is more presentable and I think illustrates a move towards a more aesthetically pleasing "certificate of service".

I have no factual evidence beyond the dates of issue that I have observed on both types of form...and what was probably a transition period.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X