Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Scottish shoulder title

Hi,

Recently got this one of ebay, it looks good to me, however on a Dutch forum someone said it's postwar. The CSR shoulder title design for the 1st battailon was changed in 1947 and postwar they did not manufacture any more 'old style' titles. What do you think on this matter?

Thanks,
    Wouter

Anyone?

Comment

From the construction, I would say this is a post-war (modern) manufactured reproduction. It resembles other known fakes.

Comment

The main thing that I look for when evaluating shoulder titles is the uniform size of the lettering. As many of these titles are being faked in countries like Pakistan where the Roman alphabet is not regularly used, you have a tendancy to see misaligned and different sized letters.

As I look at your Canadian Scottish title, it appears to me that many of the letters are misaligned and the proportions of some of those letters are also off.

I am in agreement with Adam that your title appears to be a fake.
        Allan

Comment

Hi Adam and Allan, thanks for your comments on this one. Been searching for an embroidered style CSR title for a long time, and still I haven't got lucky! Will try to get my money back on this one. Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X