E-Stand Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Stand Helmet

This helmet looks like it has been repainted post war to me. Any other opinions?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=259306

i posted areply on other thread but alot were repainted olive drab. when i was in the army we had a huge store full of these all repainted olive drab for emergency supplies and that was in the 1980,s

chris

Comment

Since I posted my helmet I started to look deeper into the price of these and I think the fact that this is repainted is reflected in the price of $200.

$295 for this one............95 Dollar reduction seams fair.

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Other...s/C001757.html

Steve.
      Last edited by yellow; 12-18-2007, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Hello and thanks for the feedback on this helmet. It is an old repaint and shows this. How can one tell if its done during or post war?
        Thanks, Scott

Comment

I prefer them dark green .Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

WWII Mk.III's were painted dark earth brown...anything else...post-war. After years of aging it turns to an almost dark charcoal brown. This one would be easy to remove that crappy looking green...as long as that paint showing through is original finish.

As far as Mk.IV's go, I wouldn't pay more than $200 for a pristine 1945 dated example. I bought three complete Mk.IV's in a lot this past summer for $45. That Guild Mk.IV looks to have the original finish to me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X