Blanket colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blanket colours

Could you tell me what colours of blankets were used by British/Canadian/Australian forces?

Typical are grey (British, Australian)
    British also used American khaki blankets

What about white/cream blankets with 2-3 blue stripes?

Blankets

Yes, white/cream with Blue stripes are typical RAF issue, we use them at our groups billet which is a restored 1942 RAF Building.

Comment

I took a look at my Grampas blanket from his footlocker and it is the same style as the US khaki blanket. Only difference is the C Broad Arrow sewn into one corner.

Comment

The white or cream coloured blankets were being issued to Families during the 1970's until ?

One blue line was a single bed blanket and the two blue lines was a double bed blanket, there was a smaller one for cots not sure how many lines this had.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk1rceme View Post
          I took a look at my Grampas blanket from his footlocker and it is the same style as the US khaki blanket. Only difference is the C Broad Arrow sewn into one corner.
          A khaki blanket with a C broad arrow? I'd like to see that. I have only seen grey blankets with Canadian marks before.

Comment

I have seen few more blankets, all cream. Some of them had small tags with names or numbers sewn to them. <O></O>
            Two also had labels where was written something like: Woven woollen blanket, price control label, do not remove it.<O></O>
            It looks that they were made during or just after ww2.
            Last edited by mietek; 01-29-2008, 04:49 AM.

Comment

In my many years at WAINWRIGHT I saw kahki blankets with c broad arrows and red stripes, grey blankets with c broad arrows and a red stripe , grey blankets with dnd enbroidered various colours, and white wool blankets with blue or red stripes and dnd embroidered.

Comment

Good; I identified the blankets, the label was "CC41" - "Clothing Control 1941", which indicates manufacturing from 40's.

Ineresting, not only about military, but different blankets: http://witneyblanketstory.org.uk/WBP...lanket%20types

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X