named RAF tunic and cap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

named RAF tunic and cap!

well i went to an auction today with no plans to buy anything! i then had to leave and id seen a tunic and cap that i said to put a bid on just in case!well low and behold i got both the cap and tunic!!the kicker is that the cap is named on the inside,all good but i was looking at the tunic after i was picking it up and i old guy comes over and says nice tunic! is it name? i said not that i can see and he then fumbled inside the inside righthand pocket and pull the pocket inside out and to my surprize there was maker tag from moss brothers in covernt garden! the name on the tag is to from what i can see is mr c (i think!) galeey, br 14/317 york and its dated 1/6/47! so can anyone tell me any more info on my tunic and cap??any help would be great!thanks!
    Attached Files

the wings and ribbion bar!
    Attached Files

Comment

and a (really bad) pic of the maker label!
      again any help would be great!
      Attached Files

Comment

and the cap!!!what era would this be? i THINK cos of the crown its before the 50s!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

another!
          Attached Files

Comment

the cap eagle!!
            Attached Files

Comment

the back!!not in the best of condition but the price was most certainly right!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

and last the name on the cap!its a differnet name from the tunic to!!again iny info would be great!
                Attached Files

Comment

actully looking at another thread it looks like the cap is a post 53 cap!!!looks like a queens crown!

Comment

also just wondering i paid E65 for the pair would that be a fair price?
                    thanks!

Comment

Hi Paddy, the price sounds about right to me.

You realise the guy was a Navigator and from the medal ribbons it is easy to see he served in the Far East during the War due to him having the Burma Star.

What is the rank on the cuffs?

Research is not easy as records are not yet open.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

i do indeed!! kinda intresting to be honest!!!!still just nice picking up someithng out of the blue and finding them named!!il get more pics of the cuffs in a bit!!!

Comment

and heres the cuffs!what rank would the guy have been? i honestly dont know pretty much anything about british tunics!!thanks!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paddy, he was a Flight Lt.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Very nice outfit and a very good price

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X