Mark 1 British 'Brodie' Helmet value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark 1 British 'Brodie' Helmet value

Just trying to find out what is the current value for a Mark 1 'Brodie' helmet. I came across it today but didn't have my camera with me . It is on hold til tomorrow....

Basically it is in very good condition with original paint and complete metal rim. The leather strap is riveted to the top of the helmet and passes through the metal loops on the helmet, the leather is suple though a little roughend up. The liner is complete with its wool/felt padding (a few minor nibbles), the netting is all there and the black oilcloth liner is also suple and it has the 'Brodie' red patent stamp on its reverse.

So I need wanted opinions on value? and whether to take a chance.... the asking price is £120, to me that seems alot but it isn't my field, but it maybe a nice edition to my helmet collection....

So please guys what are these things worth?

From your description it sounds more like a MkII. The early helmets had a raw edged rim & would also have a rubber impact ring or donut between the liner & the shell. The raw edged examples are rare in any condition & those in good complete conditon can command up to UK400.00 sterling plus, from some dealer sites. If what you have on hold is a WW1 MkII Brodie & is in good complete condition then IMO the asking price sounds about right.

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X