MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there something special about this British helmet shell on EBAY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there something special about this British helmet shell on EBAY?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150190726920

why are they bidding so high on this helmet shell? is their something unusual about it that makes it special?

I dont do bidding on high value items that are on private auction. This auctions more fishy than the contents of Baldricks apple crumble......stay away.

I was going to say a nice green textured finish on the outside, then I looked closely and its just rust under the enamel. Toi be honest I think its a pretty poor example of a common helmet and not worth that money.

Steve.

Comment

wonder why somebody would pay US $206.95 plus shipping for a common helmet shell without a liner?

Comment

Hello bolo..

The present bidder is the one who has pushed the price sky-high, and if you look at all of the bidders in the auction, they are still 'wet behind the ears', as none of them have reached double figure feedback score yet.

The helmet itself is a bog-standard issue Mk.2 Brodie, and in its present condition what I personally would call 'junk', as nearly three quarters of the reinforcing rim edge strip is missing due to rusting off. The high bidder is obviously desparate to have this rubbish....'a fool and his money are easily parted!'..

Seph

Comment

I noticed the other bidders are also in Australia? I think they all know each other? they call these people "shill bidders" they make the price go up to lure others in the bidding war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X