British WWI badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British WWI badge?

Hey guys. I need help IDing this badge. Is it British or something else? I got it out of an old WWI collection. Could it even be American? Gorham Company does exist here in the U.S.. I just don't know for sure if they produced silver badges.
    Last edited by para03; 06-05-2008, 09:12 PM.

Not British to the best of my knowledge?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

A view of the reverse...
      Last edited by para03; 06-05-2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I believe this to be an American item. Gorham Co were a manufacturer located on Rhode Island but I cannot be 100 percent sure on their location as I`m working from memory, regardless some of this silvers smith larger items can be worth a lot of money. Perhaps the badge refers to a number of a US Army Regiment? Best to try the US forum.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorham_...turing_Company

US manufacturer indeed. Nice badge btw.

Luc

Comment

Thank you very much! I will go ahead and post it in the American section. I appreciate the link too!

-Chuck

Comment

Not much help but I think it is upside down. Should be 901 not 106 jugding by the rosetting on the sides

Comment

I don't think so. Otherwise the marking on back would be upside down and the 'C' clasp would be on the opposite side than I'm used to seeing it. Thank you for your input! I thought the same when I first saw it.

Comment

Could this be an early police badge? The design is suggestive of municipal usage, not military.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X