Lt.Colonel RD Stewart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lt.Colonel RD Stewart

After successful identification of Capt. RH. Smith http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=248693 (thank you), the next person it is:
    <O
    LT.COL.R.D.STEWART
    CAVALRY CLUB.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1LONDON.</ST1</st1:City>
    <O
    I bought some time ago binoculars case with such name on it.
    <O
    I found on www only, that person with that name was author of:
    <O
    Fuller, Blaude E., and R.D. Stewart. Firearms of the Confederacy. <ST1<st1:City w:st="on">Huntington</st1:City>, Standard Publications, 1946, as well as a book about horse riding.
    <O
    Is it possible to find more about RD. STEWART?
    <O
    The binoculars case is private purchase, large, likely from prismatic binoculars.

Must have retired post WW2

No listing in 1954 Active Army list, I don't have a retired list for that time. Not in 1976 Who's Who

Comment

Thank you.

I think he was in the army around ww1, or was already senior oficer during ww2.

The binoculars case looks as older model, made between wars, more likely around ww1.

The club still exists, however changed name after merge with Guards club: http://www.cavgds.co.uk/about/index.html

Comment

Are we sure the R is not in fact a P?

<table><tbody><tr class="medalRow"><td class="medalplain">Stewart,PD</td> </tr> <tr class="medalRow"> <td class="medalheader">Corps:</td> <td class="medalplain" width="100%">Dragoon Guards</td> </tr> <tr class="medalRow"> <td class="medalheader">Rank:</td> <td class="medalplain">Captain Acting Lieutenant Colonel</td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

Bingo!! Thank you!

My mistake, it is PD, after P is a large dot, so it looks like R.

When he was in service?

I found:

http://www.zaalbooks.nl/BookDescript...px?AssetID=364

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>STEWART, P.D.
          Handling Horses. Hints and Principles for the Training and Education of Horses and their Riders.
          </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
          <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=normal>London: Hurst & Blackett 1947 </TD><TD align=right width=80></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
          <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=normal>8vo, pp. 128 + [12]. Publisher's gilt decorated cloth in the original pictorial dust jacket. Illustrated with a frontispiece, 10 photographs on 10 pages and 25 illustrations in the text and full page.

*The author Lt.-Colonel P.D. Stewart was in the Late 3rd Prince of Wales' Dragoon Guards. Illustrations by Major G.D. Tidmarsh, M.C. Foreword by General Sir Beauvoir de Lisle.
          </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

ww1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X