Comments on this flare pistol please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments on this flare pistol please

Today I came across this flare pistol at an antique shop, and would like to hear some of the British collector's opinions. From my research I believe it is from WWII, but despite being well marked I could find no date, and the particular guy selling it has often mislabeled stuff. The price was $75, which seemed pretty low to me. Maybe I've just been buying too many German pistols. My apologies for having just the one photo, but they didn't seem to keen on me taking any more.

It's a Webley&Scott No2Mk5. I'm not sure about the exact date of issue but I would guess WWII-ish. 75 USD is a good price!

Cheers, Luc

Comment

"10 BN" is presumably 10th Battalion, which isn't helping a lot as it does'nt tell you which regment it's the 10th Battalion of.
      Probably infantry though, with "Bn" in the title.

Comment

Originally posted by leigh kitchen View Post
        "10 BN" is presumably 10th Battalion, which isn't helping a lot as it does'nt tell you which regment it's the 10th Battalion of.
        Probably infantry though, with "Bn" in the title.
        The unit markings are continued on the other grip, I just didn't get a picture of it. Thanks for all the info so far guys! Sounds like it's a pretty good deal so I'll probably buy it this weekend.

Comment

I had one of these at one time you can still get flares for them.
          They are great for starting camp-fires

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post
            I had one of these at one time you can still get flares for them.
            They are great for starting camp-fires
            With haystacks.......

Comment

So you stand 3 foot away from your little pile of kindling and dried moss and blast a flare into it ? Surely its easier to use a box of matches .Rob
              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

....and less expensive

Comment

but not NEARLY as much fun! :7)

Comment

I went and picked it up today, turns out it was only $72 including tax. Here's a pic of the unit markings on the other side. Would 2 A make it 2nd Artillary, maybe?

Comment

At a guess, company markings. So you are the proud owner of a British flare pistol, issued to the 2nd Coy, 10th Battalion of the XXthe Reg't. Cool!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X