Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identifying items

Hi guys

I'm a third reich collector and could use some help identifying these two things.
    My grandfather served with the RAF in the pacific during the war. I have two items but he doesn't know what they are. His memory is not very good. I think the blue heart shaped one is a family member thing of some sort
    The other one i don't really think is realated at all but it was found with the other piece. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

The RAF item is a "Sweetheart". The were commercially bought souvenirs given by servicemen to wives and girlfriends, hence the generic name given to them. This heart shaped design can be found with many other units cap badges upon it and also in a range of colours. Plastic was very fashionable at the time, being a new product. It was not considered cheap then.

The second item is just a peice of jewellry. Maybe Islamic in nature? Just a guess, but the star and cresent makes me think that.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks for the info Ade.
        I didn't really think the brooch was related but thought it was worth a go. As far as it being Islamic, maybe, he didn't spend any time in the middle east as far as i'm aware but you never know. Thanks again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X