A Group of Unknowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Group of Unknowns

I was hoping someone could help me identify these pieces so that I may add them to my records. I really have no idea what they are or what era they're from.

Thanks!

Hi! 4th insignia is post war.

Comment

The 'GG"in a wreath is an RAF Ground Gunner's arm /Trade Badge from the 1940 era.In 1942 all Ground Gunners were transferred to the RAF Regiment and became Gunners and the trade ceased to exist.

John
      Last edited by John Wright; 10-15-2007, 02:38 PM.

Comment

#1 is the 5th Regiment of the 2# Fantasian Airborne Corps
        #2 is the 27th Air-mobile, Amphibious, Motorized Bicycle Bn of the 69th Fantasian Armored Div.

Comment

I understood this was a serious question ? yes , may be to the trained eye they are complete fantasy items then again they might have been very rare original badges he picked up , how can our friends learn if we dont give sensible answers ? regards ,Michael.

Comment

Actually I spent about an hour trying to look up the last badge but could find annoying on it.

At first I though it was one of the new crop of trad badages from the 90s but no luck there.

My nect best guess was that is it may be from the Royal Canadain Army Cadets but again it does not match any of thier current badges either.

I even tried the Corps of commioneirs, RCMP but I have come up with nothing for this one. A real head scratcher.

Btw I have fought againts the Fantasian army many times and they are anything but a joke.

Comment

While not very helpful I did find the fantasian post to be quite humourous This hobby is all about having fun after all! I thought maybe the wing with the 5 might have been some sort of Canadian or British Aerobatics team? (I'm really reaching here) and the last one is reminiscient of some sort of Warrant Officer's Insignia. The Biker maybe Aerial Dispatch? I just wondered if anyone else knew for sure.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X