• Time
  • Show
Clear All

British helmet

Commentary, Please.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thomas

q

original para helmet , any date?? if you have not got the chinstap they turn up on ebay,will

Comment

BMB 1944.
      And Yes, I would be more than pleased if I could get a nice set of chinstraps and also the missing bolts.

Thomas

Comment

Do you think I should remove the red coloured text on the inside of the liner rim?

Comment

No don't remove anything it looks like a rgt number of the owner

PAUL

Comment

OK, thanks Paul.
            You said something wise there

Regards
            Thomas

Comment

Bolt !!

The bolts and nutz are like rocking horse sh*t to find.
              .. BUT !!! if your missing one and are willing to search, the best source is to find a standard rough condition standard British helmet with the smaller MK2 bolt and nut (exactly the same manufacture) with the hole through the top, and sacrifice the helmet for the bolt.
              .. The company AND the style of this bolt both do not exist any more ! Believe me I've tried to hunt some down myself !!

Gary J.

Originally posted by Teräsoxa View Post
              BMB 1944.
              And Yes, I would be more than pleased if I could get a nice set of chinstraps and also the missing bolts.

Thomas
              Last edited by Gary Jucha; 10-12-2007, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gary, for the tip.

I have really tried to find bolts for this helmet, but as you siad

Thomas

Comment

THERE IS A COMPANY that provides the bolts also sell the brass dome bolts for the mk2s The company specializes in WW1 German liners and I can't remember the name but it has been reviewed before and it is a US company also.

found the link don't see the bolts but feel they will supply as that is what they do GOOD LUCK

http://www.cornhusker.net/~pflc/german.htm

PAUL
                  Last edited by paulbear; 10-13-2007, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks again Paul,

Seems to be just the right place to find a god replacement fastener.

Thomas

Comment

I've looked everywhere to find those bolts and nuts in brass, no joy here.

Comment

My helmets missing one of those bolts aswell, plus the strap retaining loop that the bolt secures. Does anyone know where to get the loops from?

Paul.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X