Ferry Command/Transport Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferry Command/Transport Command

Does anyone own a cap from either of these two organizations? I have the chromed cap badges and some wings, but I've never seen an actual cap before.

Not an item you will find easily if at all. Never seen one myself in any collection event he CWM and the IWM do not have one as far as I am aware. I know a museme director who as been on the spy for one for the past 15 years.

Good luck in your quest?

There are a number of cap badges out there but the cap is a rare item

Comment

Indeed, I own the chrome cap badges, currently seeking the metal wings. I always wondered what kind of cap though....standard RAF issue? I've heard some say darker blue, like the Navy uniforms. I guess it's still too clouded an area.

Comment

Hi Mike, this is not an area I collect, so I am not really familiar with the organisation. Is this different to the ATA? They did wear a navy blue coloured uniform and cap.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

From what I gather the ATA wore uniforms similar if not the same as Ferry/Transport commands, navy blue. For even though they were civil organizations, if shot down in enemy territory without a uniform they would be shot on site as spies.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X