New CEF Reference book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CEF Reference book

Victor Taboika's long-awaited book is finally in Canada and will be ready for customer delivery soon. You can pre-order now at www.servicepub.com. The book is an amazing illustrated catalogue of one man's private collection. It consists of 360 full-colour pages and weighs in at a hefty 2.5Kg (approx 5+lbs). THis will be of interest to uniform, insignia and equipment collectors.

Yes I second that, have my copy coming direct from VIC. Have seen his collection and know the work he has put into it. This will become the bible for uniform collectors and researchers very quickly also with the publishing problems don't expect a reprint soon after the first issue sells out make the investment !

PAUL

Comment

Looks like a great book which I have pre-ordered. Is the format weighed more towards pictures with captions (ala the Schiffer Publishing "catalog" format but hopefully without the spelling errors and a modicum of editorship) or is there extensive explanatory text with indepth information regarding uniforms and equipment? What was the nature of the aforementioned publishing problems? I look forward to the mid-October release.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

This book is a must have for anyone interested in the CEF. It costs $100 CAN and as paulbear say's don't expect a reprint soon after the first issue is sold out. I ordered two copies.

Comment

I am looking forward to receiving my copy!

Comment

Hi I JUST TALKED TO Vic and the books are in fact on the train from Victoria to Calagary and then through customs. He says distribution should start within two weeks. As for the publication problems without details one word CHINA. The book itself is a photo record of the most comprehensive collection of CANADIAN cloth and equipement ever put together in this country and is not diluted by long winded explanations . Marway is another vendor of these books also.

paul
            Last edited by paulbear; 09-23-2007, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Just got my copy and worth every cent. MARWAY HAS 100 COPIES TO SELL and going fast also E.G.URSUAL HAS SOME these won't last long shipped in the best packing I have ever seen.

PAUL

PH FOR MMARWAY 1 204 775 7159

Comment

I just got mine today (The Mrs. got it for me as an early x-mas present - good luck keeping it wrapped up and under the bed until then ) We were also fortunate enough that Mr Taboika was at the MCC show today and was able to sign it in person for me.

Comment

I just recieved my copy today and can say it's absolutely terrific.... highly recommended and a job well done.

Comment

Saw the book last weekend at a local military show. Victor was also there. The book is unbelievable. Allan Kerr (Milarm, Edmonton) also has 100 copies for sales. If CEF is your interest, this is a "must have" book. Also a great reference book for those with just a passing interest.

Richard

Comment

Just got my copy down here in the States, and I'm very impressed. It's already helped me to identify a helmet in my collection that I've long suspected was CEF.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X