No announcement yet.

Who's got any of these to showcase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the caps shown were outstanding, but the dealer listed cap is tremendously overpriced, at least 3 times it's value. I have seen numerous Air Rank, Group Captain etc. caps for sale on Ebay over the years, at very fair prices. RAF headgear can be had rather cheaply, even senior officer caps, at least as opposed to their Army counterparts. Q&C Militaria in Cheltenham is a good dealer; not sure if he carries RAF items, but most of everything else British. He has a nice website. I just checked Ebay UK, there are 2 Group Captain caps for sale, one vendor may not ship to the USA, but the other, with item 300145128708, will. That one is currently at 31 pounds. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
      All of the caps shown were outstanding, but the dealer listed cap is tremendously overpriced, at least 3 times it's value. I have seen numerous Air Rank, Group Captain etc. caps for sale on Ebay over the years, at very fair prices. RAF headgear can be had rather cheaply, even senior officer caps, at least as opposed to their Army counterparts. Q&C Militaria in Cheltenham is a good dealer; not sure if he carries RAF items, but most of everything else British. He has a nice website. I just checked Ebay UK, there are 2 Group Captain caps for sale, one vendor may not ship to the USA, but the other, with item 300145128708, will. That one is currently at 31 pounds. Good luck.
      The one mentioned on the Collector's Guild site is indeed well overpriced for what it is, and with replaced insignia too. I agree there, I checked out the ebay auction, thanks for the info, but unfortunately it's post world war two, and I want a world war 2 Group Captain. If anyone knows a dealer selling one (besides the aforementioned) or if anyone knows where there is an authentic 2nd World War Group Cap. Visor please PM me, as I must have one.....call it a quest
      I've got the tunic, trousers and greatcoat, I'm just missing the visor. I've been bitten by the commonwealth bug

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Cain View Post
        Gary, may I ask what is up with the unusual cap badge? I've never seen one with this type of background wool shape.....was this common?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X