Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ww2 Canadian Vet/unit Information

Gentlemen,

I am trying to find some information on a WW2 Canadian Vet who served with the Princess Louise Fusiliers,machine gun company (P.L.F) in Italy.

His name is Lieutenant J.B Noiles (dog tag)

Any information on where exactly in Italy this unit served or where I can find it would be greatly appreciated,Canadian service records are kept very classified from what I have been told.

Thanks,

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Here are their basic battle honours:

Second World War: Liri Valley, Melfa Crossing, Gothic Line, Coriano, Lamone Crossing, Misano Ridge, Italy 1944-1945, Arnhem 19451, Delfzijl Pocket, North-West Europe 1945

If you do a google search, you'll find other biasic information on the unit's history.

As for his service records, it depends on when he died. If a person has been dead for 20 years, you can get access to his service record. You'll need some kind of proof of death, etc.

You can find details here:

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/gene...909.007-e.html

and you can print off the request form here:

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/obj/...-909.007-e.pdf

Hope this helps...

Gary

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
    Gentlemen,

I am trying to find some information on a WW2 Canadian Vet who served with the Princess Louise Fusiliers,machine gun company (P.L.F) in Italy.

His name is Lieutenant J.B Noiles (dog tag)

Any information on where exactly in Italy this unit served or where I can find it would be greatly appreciated,Canadian service records are kept very classified from what I have been told.

Thanks,

Glenn

Comment

Thanks Gary,

It was a recent death and I have no direct contact with the family.

Glenn

Comment

Glenn, I met a fellow a couple of years ago at the National Library and Archives Canada, who is working on a research project for the PLF. He had a web site but since my crash, I no longer have it. IIRC his site was a ".ca" one. I may have the fellows contact info somewhere on paper but not certain. If I find it I will PM the details.

Comment

Originally posted by pylon1357 View Post
          Glenn, I met a fellow a couple of years ago at the National Library and Archives Canada, who is working on a research project for the PLF. He had a web site but since my crash, I no longer have it. IIRC his site was a ".ca" one. I may have the fellows contact info somewhere on paper but not certain. If I find it I will PM the details.

Thanks very much.That would certainly help a lot.

Glenn

Comment

Did you ever end up finding any info on this soldier?
            http://www.militaryantiquestoronto.com

Comment

The name does not appear on the now open data bank for Canadians who died/were killed during the Second War, but the source is newly on-line [at LAC Canada] and I'm not sure whether or not it is 100% reliable. I assume you have checked with Commonwealth War Graves.

Sadly, if he survived the war, the route is to apply to the Archives in Ottawa, as 1CanPara says above. Some of the records may now be available to non-family members too, which has not been the case until very recently due to confidentiality rulkes.

Good luck with the hunt!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X