Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lancaster Bomber

Hi again

I do not know if this question is really covered by this Forum, but I shall have a go! Having recently seen the "City Of Lincoln" Lancaster of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, I wondered, did the USAF ever use the Lancaster? I thought that I had once seen a photo of one in USAF use in the Far East, but I am not certain now!

Does anyone know the answer please?

USAF use of Lancaster?

Hello,
    To my knowledge, the Lancaster was never used by any U.S. military organization. With the B-17, B-24, and B-29, we had a lot to choose from. I do believe that some of the commonwealth countries used the Lanc post-war.

Comment

I agree is was quite the opposite with commonwealth countries picking up US birds near wars end. I know Canadian squadrons where flying B25s some of which are still in use with eastern forestry operations agains the pine beetles , also Canadians where flying the corsairs one pilot winning the last VC strafing a JAPANESE destroyer on the last day of the war.

Paul

Comment

No.

Comment

Aside from the Commonwealth and free squadrons during the war, the only other Lancaster operators were Argentina, Egypt, France and Sweden.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X