Berets - Supak Manufacturing Co?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berets - Supak Manufacturing Co?

Was Supak Manufacturing Co, a genuine wartime maker of Airborne & Commando berets?

Scott
    Last edited by Mons 1914; 07-23-2007, 01:22 PM.

Hiya Scott, I can't speak for green berets but red berets were made by this company during the war. By no means as common or desirable as Kangol made ones though...

Jack.

Comment

Hi Jack,

Thanks, I haven't seen any by this maker before in hand, although I think one was on e bay recently.

Scott

Comment

I cannot speak about Green berets, but I have a black RAC beret by them. A load of them were found about 15 years ago. They were mint unissued and sold for £8 each. Beware of these rebuilt into red ones. It was happening even back then.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Ade,

I remember this maroon one was nicely worn with a few moth nips here & there also had a nice impression of a para cap badge think it was 1944 dated.

Scott

Comment

Hello Scott,

Yes that one was sold by forum member Lee. It was a particularly nice one and managed quite a high price. I don't what it is but the prices of red berets have increased dramatically recently, far above any other Airborne related stuff? Perhaps because it is a classic piece of militaria that many people want to own, not just Airborne collectors or even WW2 British collectors?

Jack.
            Last edited by Jack Dutton-Roberts; 07-24-2007, 12:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts View Post
              Hello Scott,

Yes that one was sold by forum member Lee. It was a particularly nice one and managed quite a high price. I don't what it is but the prices of red berets have increased dramatically recently, far above any other Airborne related stuff? Perhaps because it is a classic piece of militaria that many people want to own, not just Airborne collectors or even WW2 British collectors?

Jack.
              I agree Jack. Looks like every militaria collector wants a red beret.
              O just so lucky to have two

Comment

A fellow collector for Canada has just informed me he has a 1941 dated green beret made by Supak.

Cheers, Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X