Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on some military terms..

Gentlemen,

I'm investigating an SOE student evaluation report and came across some terms I don't fully understand. Can someone explain to me what is ment with:

- Minor tactics
    - Appreciations

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Shelbycobra1966; 07-23-2007, 05:56 AM.

Nobody?

Comment

MINOR TACTICS could have several meanings depending on the country of origin but my take would be section or platoon level tactics. AS for appreciations it is something we always did upon coming into a battle situation before and as part of coming up with a plan. Hope this helps

PAUL

Comment

Could you give us the whole sentence?

Luc

Comment

Originally posted by lnijherald View Post
          Could you give us the whole sentence?

Luc
          They weren't taken from sentences. These terms are just individual assessment terms in an agent evaluation form.

Comment

(Combat) Appreciations are a British term for what American military would call a Combat Estimate. It is a set format for a commander to plan his battle using headings such as Eneny, Ground, Friendly forces etc. This produces a logical and inclusive thought process enabling his to develop 2-3 courses of action from which he can assess and choose the best one to form his plan.

Minor tactics would be the use of individual, section and platoon level tactical theory and battledrills.

Hopethis helps.

Alan

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by max7474 View Post
              (Combat) Appreciations are a British term for what American military would call a Combat Estimate. It is a set format for a commander to plan his battle using headings such as Eneny, Ground, Friendly forces etc. This produces a logical and inclusive thought process enabling his to develop 2-3 courses of action from which he can assess and choose the best one to form his plan.

Minor tactics would be the use of individual, section and platoon level tactical theory and battledrills.

Hopethis helps.

Alan

Comment

Gentlemen,

Two additional terms that are unclear to me:

Physical conditions

Street fighting and schemes (what is ment with schemes? Just 'making up plans'? Plans how to fight a street battle?)

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X