Medalbar value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medalbar value?

I have in my posession a World War One two place medalbar. I don't know whether or not it's of any great value, but it interests me. It comprises the War Medal 1914-1918 and the Victory Medal. The engraving on the rim states: 199423 . 3 . A.M G. Broughton R.A.F I found these amongst my Grandfather's collection. Would someone be so kind as to tell me a value for these?
    Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Normally you would get only around 30-50 bucks for the pair, but RAF medals command a premium. My guesstimate would be in the 100-125 range.

Cheers
    Gary

Comment

What i don't understand about them is, and correct me if my information is mistaken, as i don't know a whole lot about the commonwealth fighting forces, these are world war one medals, marked RAF, shouldn't they be marked RFC?

Comment

Raf

RFC became RAF in April of 1918.
        About $100US seems fair.

Comment

Yes aeroraider is correct on that. The Royal Flying Corps was amalgamated with the Royal Naval Air Service to form the RAF just before WWI ended. The RN eventually reformed an aviation branch with the Fleet Air Arm, I don't remember the year on that though.

Cheers
          Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X