P40 variation battledress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P40 variation battledress

I just picked this up in the middle of France originally thinking French, then Belgian and finally English with the help of various people. Best I can tell its some sort of blend of P37 and P40 'austerity' pattern.

It looks pretty much mint but all the markings are long worn out.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...8/IMG_3687.jpg
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...8/IMG_3642.jpg

I've heard mention that this type of thing was issued early on to French forces. Does anyone have any information about this?

Also, any idea of value since it appears the ww2 issues in nicer condition are harder to come by. Thanks!

Scott
    ------------------------------------------------
    Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Hi Scott, it is a standard British 1940 pattern Austerity BD blouse. The trousers are standard 1937 pattern. Issued to all British troops as well as Free French, Poles, Belgians, Greeks, etc etc etc.

Rough value would be ******163;50 for the blouse and ******163;150/******163;200 on the trousers.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
      Hi Scott, it is a standard British 1940 pattern Austerity BD blouse. The trousers are standard 1937 pattern. Issued to all British troops as well as Free French, Poles, Belgians, Greeks, etc etc etc.

Rough value would be £50 for the blouse and £150/£200 on the trousers.

Cheers, Ade.

Not bad for a 15 EUR find

Thanks for the help!
      Scott

PS... there are some little 'things' that were apparently used to sew a patch on the left shoulder area that seem to make an outline of the patch. is the amount of patches an incredible size? or is it manageable where I could possibly trace the former owners unit down to a few possibilities. (its kind of a mix between a triangle and a circle...a 3 point with rounded sides)
      ------------------------------------------------
      Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X