yesterdays finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yesterdays finds

Some of the badges I managed to pick up yesterday. The reconnaissance badeg is pretty worn but my gut feeling is that it's a good badge. I've never handled any of these badges before so any comments are appreciated... thanks

Comment

I don't like the sliders on either badge check to see if they are soft an plyable, if so they are restrikes

PAUL

Comment

Paul The slider on the barrow north lonsdale is very pliable but the other slider on the reconnassaince badge is very hard to bend. How do the vtc badges look to you?

Comment

PICTURE is to blurred to make an educated comment maybe stand off just a bit, NEED to see those lugs
          closer and clearer

PAUL

Comment

Paul... first i'd like to thank you for the photo tip. I've been trying to get to close and i've been putting my camera out of focus. All I did was stand up and use the zoom and all of a sudden it's a lead pipe cinch. Hope these photos will show you enough. Although the recce badge is bent it's hard to bend. It does have a different attachment to the badge itself and i don't know if that is normal. It makes for a strong attachment to the point of the arrow. Anyways thanks for the tip and hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

Comment

I.M.O the VTC are all fakes (and mass produced in the UK by the 1000s). They just do not have the age to be 90 years old. Any genuine badge of that vintage would be much more tarnished and the lugs were put on yesterday judging by their bright and coppery appearance. The Recce Corps looks OK to me as it has the correct aged brass appearance and is well struck - it could be an old restrike as they are a simple badge to make being one metal but I doubt it. I have a genuine WW2 vintage one of impeccable provenance and it is lugged but they were a big corps so there could have been more than one maker.

Alan

Comment

Hi Jim, the Recce looks fine to me. I have a lugged one too.

I cannot comment on the others with any authority, as they are outside my collecting interests, but I would tend to agree with Alan's comments.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi the lugs are a dead give away they are duds sorry.It is a damm shame the Brits never destroyed the dies for their badges after WW1 AND WW11 THE FAKERS HAVE HAD A HAY DAY and virtually destroyed the hobby of collecting this area of insignia.

PAUL

Comment

Thanks for all the replies... as a newer badge collector it's great to have this forum to learn on... I don't have much into these badges so no big loss on that front and it's good to catch a couple of bad ones so you have examples in your hand and can see what they look like. Paul.. you are right... not destroyng those dies has put a black cloud over the British badge field. My skill level needs improvement in that field but I'm not going to stop trying.... thanks again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X