X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airborne BD - Opinions please

Comes on guys any good..
    1940 Pattern.

Insignia is ok but I have a little niggle, the title, wing, & patch does look to have the same colour & style of stitching, I don't suppose it's wrong but would you expect to see a different style/colour?

Just a few thoughts.

Thanks
    Scott
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mons 1914; 06-15-2007, 04:33 PM.

Wrong picture......
    Attached Files

Comment

Left Arm.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Buttons.
          Attached Files

Comment

Close up Insignia left arm.
            Attached Files

Comment

Close up insignia right arm.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a good one m8

Comment

Pegasus are fine, wings and chevrons too. Shoulder titles seem to be different from mine but I'd give them a careful . Not from Pegasus Militaria.

Cheers, Luc

Comment

Hi Scott,

All the insignia is good. But i would have to ask myself when was it applied if their is no provenance with the jacket.

Cheers Garth

Comment

Hi Garth, Luc

Thanks guys

Story goes it's been in a collection for 10 years sourced from a veteran.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Difficult to tell without a hands on inspection but for me it looks far too clean to be a field worn piece. If indeed wartime badged then this BD was very likely a best dress jacket. I think unless there is real provenance with a BD you should never pay more than the value of its parts.

Comment

I think this BD looks good. Although I am nothing but an arm chair expert, never handled any genuine WW2 Para BD's at fairs.

Difficult to tell without a hands on inspection but for me it looks far too clean to be a field worn piece.
                          This is an excellent point made by Des.......not just in regard to this post but a lot of material I am seeing on forum. Ive been keeping my mouth shut because I dont want to make myself unpopular!

The genuine WW2 special forces uniform items I have owned in the past were covered in field repairs. My SAS smock worn in Ardennes had a rip caused by barbed wire and the sleeves were well worn, as were the elbows.

I would love to know exactly how many BD's the average soldier was issued during the course of WW2.....that applies to all other items of dress. I`ll bet that the pieces that actually took part in the battles were destroyed and towards the end of the war soldiers were issued all new items of uniform.

No matter how many times it may of been washed after the war "battle damage" as I call it never leaves a piece.

Just my two pence worth.

Steve.
                          Last edited by yellow; 06-16-2007, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Hi Des, Steve,

Certainly not a combat piece, (didn't they have to hand them in on returning home ?) yes Best dress in my view.

Any thoughts on the same colour stitching issue?

Scott

Comment

A few more pictures.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X