Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanker Headphones

Hello, all!

I'm trying to set up a display of a Canadian WW2 tanker. I recently purchased a set of the late-war winter tanker coveralls and some other small items. I've been trying to find out what type of headphones were used over the beret by crew members. Can anyone help in that regard? Are they hard to find? Any leads?

Thanks,
    Bob Edwards
    aka "Panzer Bob"

PS I haven't given up collecting Panzer items, but I wanted to round-out the collection somewhat. I recently set up a US tanker display and was now going for a Canadian and hope to get to a British and Soviet one, possibly Polish, as well. If there are any kindred spirits who can mentor me, any help would be appreciated.

PPS I see a number of battle-dress tunics on Regimentals for British and Polish armour-related formations. They seem incredibly expensive (at least in comparison to US equivalents). Are his prices high or is that what I can expect for this type of uniform?

Hi Bob,

I volunteer my time at at local Canadian Armoured Reg't (The Fort Garry Horse) museum and would gladly be able to provide photos of any and all types of equipment you require. Let me know what you need to see and I'll gladly help you in any way I can. The headphones themselves are tricky to find but still not too bad. Haven't seen a pair in a while (haven't really been looking) so I can't really give you any leads. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

With regards to a Polish set up it would be excactly the same as Brit/Canadian as they were all issued with the same equipment. The only difference would be that the Poles had different markings on their berets (an eagle as opposed to a specific regimental badge).

As far as Regimentals goes I would steer clear. I peruse his catalogue from time to time but have still yet to find a good Polish BD!!! If you're into Brit/CDN/Polish armoured BD's and such then drop me a line as I currently have some extras and come across stuff from time to time.

Cheers,
    Greg

Comment

headphones

Hi Bob,I hope I can help you with this item....but this one is British. Don't know Canadian was different..??
      Peter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X