What pouches are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What pouches are these?

A friend of mine has these and I at first thought they were STEN mag pouches but I can't find them in my reference material.

Cheers
    Gary
    Attached Files

back
    Originally posted by Gary Cain View Post
    A friend of mine has these and I at first thought they were STEN mag pouches but I can't find them in my reference material.

Cheers
    Gary
    Attached Files

Comment

interior, they are both compartmented this way.
      Originally posted by Gary Cain View Post
      back
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gary

not my area really, but I am guessing they are for the Lanchester SMG. A bit longer than the STEN mag I think.

Best,..Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

That was a thought as well but they are too short for the Lanchester, I suppose they could be cut down Lanchester pouches but why?

Gary
          Originally posted by fieldgear View Post
          Hi Gary

not my area really, but I am guessing they are for the Lanchester SMG. A bit longer than the STEN mag I think.

Best,..Robert

Comment

OWEN'S GUN ?

paul

Comment

It's a home guard Thompson mag pouch.

Comment

Many thanks for the ID, What source did you use? Because I need to get my hands on it!

Cheers
                Gary
                Originally posted by Infanteer View Post
                It's a home guard Thompson mag pouch.

Comment

Sorry for not giving a complete reply the first time but I had just started to type when I had to leave my computer... I found a reference to this type of pouch in "Equipment of the WWII Tommy" by David B. Gordon.

Comment

Sorry for not giving a complete reply the first time but I had just started to type when I had to leave my computer... I found a reference to this type of pouch in "Equipment of the WWII Tommy" by David B. Gordon.
                    I allway's thought that the pouches with openable Straps are danish.
                    Got a lot of them from the D. Army.
                    Nico

Comment

Nico, That is the only reference I have to that style of pouch so I can't comment any further. If you have a photo of a Danish pouch for comparison that would be useful. Maybe the Danish copied that style of pouch... I don't know.

Comment

Nico, That is the only reference I have to that style of pouch so I can't comment any further. If you have a photo of a Danish pouch for comparison that would be useful. Maybe the Danish copied that style of pouch... I don't know.
                        Sorry, didn't kept one, all are gone, so I can't do a pic of them. The only thing I remember is, that it was 100 % Danish and not restamped brit. Equipment.
                        Nico

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X