BAOR German Troopers tunic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAOR German Troopers tunic??

I found this tunic in a thrift shop over this past weekend. I have never seen one like it before and have figured out from the label that it is a British Army Occupation of the Rhein (BAOR) tunic. What I would like to know is if it is a tunic for the unarmed German troops employed by the British Army at that time. The tunic is a deep forest green wool that is fully lined (including the sleeves) and has gold buttons made by FLL (Friedrich Linden Ludenscheid).

If this is for one of the German troops can anyone give me more information about them?

Are such tunics uncommon? Do others have more out there?

Thanks,

Chuck
    Last edited by vonStubben; 07-25-2008, 09:19 PM.

back

Comment

label

Comment

FLL marked buttons

Comment

Hi Charles, your description of the tunic is correct. Worn by Germans employed by the British Army.

I have seen a few over the years. All were mint unissued. An interesting item.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

GSO, German Service Organisation or German Security Organisation. These were still being worn by members of the GSO Guarding British instalations in West Berlin prior to unification.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff View Post
              GSO, German Service Organisation or German Security Organisation. These were still being worn by members of the GSO Guarding British instalations in West Berlin prior to unification.
              In Berlin they used them only to the mid 60's and then got an other type , similar to the German Police Uniform. Never Heard about the "Security"
              Here in Berlin it was allways German Service Organisation and in the end 60's they changed to German Service Unit - GSU. In 1994 they changed to BRIO - British Residual Interrests Organisation. GSU was allways a Guarding Unit, the other civies never used the Uniforms.
              Nico

Comment

Nico, Is correct, however on checking my notes the man who told me where to go at "Edinburgh House" in West Berlin was wearing the old jacket (as posted) and said he was in the German Security Organisation. Could not trust anyone in them days. I seem to remember another thread on the GSO, with regards to the shoulder title.

Comment

My thanks to all who have responded. I was stationed in the south of Germany and only went to Berlin once for Combat in the Cities training with the Berlin Brigade. We spent one day on the "other" side but I don't recall ever seeing one of these uniforms in wear and I was never in the British zone where I may have had a chance to see such in wear either.

This is all very interesting, now I have more information to continue my research and maybe find some pictures of this uniform in wear.

Regards,

Chuck

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X