• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my para

Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

3. Close up of flash

3. This flash was masked off when the dark green paint was applied. The coat of paint under the dark green is a pea green color that looks like the color found on some spitfires and other planes of the period. The dark green paint is still in the brass bolt heads so the liner has not been out since the dark repaint which has been on it a long time as it shows much age patina and wear.
      Attached Files

Comment

4. It is a huge shell. Every bit as big as my ET68 German helmet.
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

6. Hard to tell from pic but marked 1944.
            Attached Files

Comment

A nice example I like the Royal Artillery flash. Hard to say when the repaint was done, as these helmets saw a long service life. But still very nice.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Adrian, it is one of my favs. It has seen a long life. I think the liner has been with this shell forever. You never know but it looks like it to me. I have had a few of these. It took me a few trys to get one I thought was an original set which was what I was looking for. Can you or anyone else elaborate on the flash? Did the brit paras have PFAB's? Were flashes applied during WW2 and after?
                Thanks, Scott
                Last edited by Striking 9th; 05-12-2007, 09:51 AM.

Comment

white paint on inside

Here is a spot of white paint on the inside rim. It is on the rim and the liner foam. The white paint has the same look as the very few original 101st painted helmet flashes I have seen.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Scott, flashes were painted on helmets in WW2, but were also used more often in the post war period.

We did not have Parachute Field Artillery Battls. Ours were all glider borne units, but many men were Parachute trained. All would have worn this type of helmet.

My friend & forum member Garth Hill has done a website about the Royal Artillery units, mainly of the 6th A/B Div:

http://www.gotoitgunners.co.uk/

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks for the info and the link Adrian.
                      Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X