RARE 1940 dated Kings Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RARE 1940 dated Kings Regulations

IVery rare original 1940 dated Kings Regulations for British Armed forces and reserve. This book governed British Army in WWII. The reason why this is such hard find is they were usually destroyed when being replaced.

I also have other publications If anyone is interested I wiould consider selling at the right price

"Very rare original"

I guess would be a matter of opinion.

I do not think KRs are rare at all I have seen them many times before and this edtion I had two copies of at one time.

Though you are quite right that they did tend to get chucked when each new edition came out.

Thought the 'company drill' by Esson would be a keeper but the one to get your hands on in the rewritten one by Liddell Hart later in the war.

Nothing else jumps out as a rare find at least to me

Comment

Thanks byterock, reckon I stated very rare since all time looking I never came across another 1940 edition and this one happened to come by accident. Out of interest what is the value to these KR's?

Comment

To be real cheeky about it i I will say

'As much as the market will bear'

Not a great demand for this kind of ephemera as it is so generic in nature.

For example if you happen to have the original copy of the service/users manual for the Jeep or an original Vickers MG manual you would have a very sell able book as there are large number of people out there looking for the ephemera like this.

The Home Gaurd one you have might interest someone in that field of collecting.

I suppose if someone is trying to put together a unit library or staff officer's desk diorama they would want a copy of some of these.

cheers
        John Scoles

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X