Ebay Scam Message - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Scam Message - Help

I received a message yesterday saying that one of my listings was a scam etc.

Here's the message

Thank's to the forum we already know you are a scam, you ****:

red-hot.at/webalizer/fonts/eBay.monitors/cgi-eBay/checkfraud/scammer-FORUM/beware.buyer.html

GET A REAL JOB OR SOMETHING....

I did a search on this I found that my people have had the same messages from different e bay members, basically saying that the member who it was from probably doesen't know anything about it, also if you follow the link in some of them it ask's you for your ID's & Password......

Has anyone else had this happen?
    Scott

Sounds like a big load of B to me. Yet another scammers ploy to try and harvest usernames and passwords. Just ignore it...........and if eBay do offer any facility to report these things.........report it.

Its often been said on many forums that eBay is a minefield...........there are way too many crooks on there that appear to be targeting militaria.

Since the private bidding came into being I havent bothered with eBay........I`m noticing that many dealers and collectors now have multiple accounts for the simple purpose of bidding up their own gear.

I think eventually collectors will come to realise that with all the scams and fiddles that are taking place that they are better of in buying direct from dealers.

Steve.

P.S. If anyone sends you a link in a PM via eBay again....do not click on the link.

Comment

Hi Scott, good advice from Steve. Just ignore it and forward it to E Bay to deal with. Report it as SPAM to your service provider too.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Steve, Ade,

Good point Steve, in time dealers will benefit.

Already sent, I saw a few reply's from others who had the same message & a few of them did actually follow the link & entered their details...

Thanks
        Scott

Comment

Report it to spoof@ebay.com. This way it will be investigated & reported to appropriate authorities.

Mike

Comment

Scott,

I would suggest that if you know the people who entered their details that you suggest to them that they should change their eBay username and password as soon as possible............before their account is abused.

Steve.

Comment

eBay.

ebay say theuy introduced a new bidding system - you are known as " biddier No1 , or bidder No2 etc" in order to prevent people contacting you to offer goods for sale outside of ebay - an anti fraud measure.

Yellow makes a few good points - eBay have done nothing to reduce the internal rackets which are on going - multiple id , bidders bidding on their own items.

Fraud is easy - ring a friend and ask them to place abid or two up to a certain level and your price goes up - it happens.

The multiple account account issue they have done nothing about , nor will they, after all ebay is about making money.

Comment

The sad thing is you dont need to get your friend to bid. You can switch your account on the same machine and place a bid.

Ebay must know who these fraudsters are, because its incredibly easy to track bids to IP addresses.............yet it is not in their interest to track the bids.

I actually think the real reason why eBay decided to hide bidders was because they were getting too many complaints from astitute collectors such as ourselves relating to fraudulant bids. An excellent way of making their job easier.

Until something is done about this I wont be using eBay.

Steve.

Comment

ebay say theuy introduced a new bidding system - you are known as " biddier No1 , or bidder No2 etc" in order to prevent people contacting you to offer goods for sale outside of ebay - an anti fraud measure.
                  Only for bids that go over $100

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X