No announcement yet.

RAF uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice items Karlo That's not a common find over here despite the number of Irish who served during the war. Any idea what happened to his DFC?

Comment

ta...he was actually english...but ended up living over here, i'm not sure the reason....his son has his DFC...i have not seen it in the flesh...i belive he won it twice...i know there is a bar on it...i have his aer lingus overcoat and blazer too from the 60's...his wife, who is still alive and very much kicking, told me that towards the end of the war he flew POWs (german) , maybe from europe to the uk and that he took home loads of their uniforms which his kids played with growing up. but that she threw out years ago as they were cluttering up the attic!!...very painful to hear that one!....on two occasions his co pilots were killed beside him, one being decapitated...i think they gave him the DFC's for bringing the lancaster home himself...and according to her he used to wake up screaming "FLAK!" alot till the end of his life.................K

Comment

awesoem find, thanks for showing, very jealous!
        regards
        jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X