Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1942 Pattern Assault Jerkin

Hi Team.
    I will be placing this vest on e-stand, and would like a fair assesment of market value. Please, no PM's. I will place it on e-stand with a first in, first served basis.
    Many Thanks,
    Mark.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark, I am unsure of a current market value for one of these? I can say they are not cheap

A new made repro from my friend Steve will set you back ******163;245.

These have been copied for many years now.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

A very difficult question to answer, but these aren't cheap.

I wouldn't expect to get many answers though, as I'm sure many collectors (myself included) would feel like they'd be "shooting themselves in the foot" if they commented.

If you price it at or above the price you paid for it, you wouldn't be losing out. Other than that, just take a guess.

Jack.

Comment

Are these usually found with the post war "TRAINING" stamp in them?

Comment

Hi Leigh, a friend of mine owns an all tan coloured example which is marked "Training". It came from the late Jon Mills collection.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                Thanks for the input. I see an add in the English version of Militaria Magazine (1995) for one of these for 375 pounds. Out of date, I know, so - 500/600 pounds now??
                Cheers,
                Mark.

Comment

Hi Mark, I recall the adverts. They were from Blunderbuss Antiques. Let me just say he had a very good supply of these.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

And all in great condition , almost like they'd been made yesterday infact Nice big sizes aswell. Supply turned up just in time for the 50th annivesaries of D-Day etc., so great for those collectors/reenactors with a sudden/increased interest in the subject, nothing suspect in that, is there! Not as if you could buy something almost exactly the same as a reproduction from a well known UK reenactor/kit maker. Dealers, gotta luv em.
                    Last edited by JONNY P; 04-22-2007, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Is this item suspected as being repro? If so, please say so, and not in any roundabout way. I won't be selling it if t is a repro, so let's be clear about this.
                      All comments are welcome - either way!
                      Mark.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I know the advert to which Ade refers. These jerkins were not listed as reproductions.

To quote the advert:

WW2 1942 Pattern Assault Jerkin

As worn by Commandos and assault troops on June 6th, 1944 for the invasion of Europe. In heavy duty, dark brown canvas with khaki cloth lining & webbing straps. Dated 1943 and in large size. In unissued, virtually mint condition........******163;375.00 (inc UK P&P)

This advert was listed in 1994.

I agree with what Jack has said about price. I no longer make cash offers to dealers for militaria as it is so easy for them to go away with my price and have someone else offer ten pounds more. Also if your are looking to sell militaria one hundred percent mark up is standard in the trade. Of course there may be exceptions to this when one has paid nothing or paid over the odds for the item, but all dealers in any line of antques aim for one hundred percent mark up.

Steve.
                            Last edited by yellow; 04-23-2007, 04:19 AM.

Comment

I remember the advert too ....

.. I did see a couple trading hands at Bedford and Beltring last year ... both items looked "unissued" and to tell you the truth I think more damage than good was done by the unintended "publicity" given to the item via the magazine write-ups prior the the 50th anniversary in 1994.

Gary J.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X