• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here's a photo of a ww2 Aussie para wool jacket. Not mine unfortunatly. Note it doesn't have the rubber shoulder buttons. Don't know if it never had them or they were replaced by the vet?.
        Attached Files

Comment

Para label
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the photos Bruce you have some great gear there, The labels in post 26 and 31 are the style I am used to on Aussie gear, There is no sign of this jacket having collar insignia, Thanks for the information on the 4 Pocket jackets and the use of the BD jackets.

I saw a 1944 dated airtex style green jacket in a mixed lot in a local auction.. one of the many things I didn't bid on and regret.

I have two unreleated questions that have bugged me about Australian gear, Did the battle dress trousers have no front pockets? And did they use the side cap in wwii?

Cheers

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick B View Post
              Thanks for the photos Bruce you have some great gear there, The labels in post 26 and 31 are the style I am used to on Aussie gear, There is no sign of this jacket having collar insignia, Thanks for the information on the 4 Pocket jackets and the use of the BD jackets.

I saw a 1944 dated airtex style green jacket in a mixed lot in a local auction.. one of the many things I didn't bid on and regret.

I have two unreleated questions that have bugged me about Australian gear, Did the battle dress trousers have no front pockets? And did they use the side cap in wwii?

Cheers

Nick
              When you say Battle dress, I'm assumeing you mean the waist jacket with two pockets?. The trousers used with this type uniform are very similar to the standard British army issue trousers. I have one pair of khaki drill pants in my collection. They have two side pockets, one front thigh pocket on the left amd one small first aid bandage pocket on the right. There is one internal pocket on the back. It has the standard belt loops all around, suspender buttons on the inside and also a set of 3 buttons on the outside to button onto the bottom of the jacket. Also at the bottom of the legs there is a strap with adjustment buttons. This uniform is not the standard issue, it was as far as I know only on general issue to tank crews and paratroopers. As I said before there is the odd time that the ordinary soldier used this stuff, but it was only aquired by them by stealth or foul means. The pair of trousers I have was owned by an artillery man. He never used them though, he aquired alot of gear he never used. By the way I just found another khaki tankers jacket I didn't know I had.
              Regards Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Nick B View Post

Cheers

Nick
                Nick
                Sorry I didn't answer your question regarding side caps. Yes side caps were used. They were more popular with RAAF personel. Very few army types used them. Also the trousers used with the 4 pocket wool tunic, only had side pockets. I have some of these trousers for sale or swap if your interested?.
                Bruce

Comment

Thanks for the extra information, I was meaning the trouser that went with the four pocket jackets, I got a pair off you a little while ago, Un-issued still has the cardboard tag sewn to them,

The reason I asked about the side cap is I have one, It does not have the date label just the one for the name etc,

Regards

Nick

Comment

Maybe Relevant to subject

Auton stop weaving loom- Ahmedabad, India
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X