Badge with VRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badge with VRI

What is this badge, what period is it from, and is it a common one?

Thanks,
    Ron

Hi Ron, it is for the Canadian Royal Regt, WW2 period. I would say fairly common. (I have one but Queens Crown post 1953)

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Actually, the proper name of the unit is the Royal Canadian Regiment (RCR) and the badge shown was used from 1894 to 1902 and again from 1919 to 1927. The badge you show is not that common. The RCR's capbadge had the St. Edward's crown during WW2 unlike most other units in the Commonwealth. Check out regimentalrogue.com for all the information on RCR capbadges that you ever wanted to know. Ade, you might want to research your badge with the Queen's crown as it might be older than you think.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the extra info. I have just checked out that site.

Here is the badge I own. It was given to me by a friend who collected cap badges as a boy in WW2. I just presumed it was one he got later.

Cheers, Ade.
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice looking badge as well Ade. I reviewed the regimentalrogue website and was reminded that there were two distinct capbadges used by the RCR during WW2, the St. Edward's crown was provided by the kitshop and the Imperial crown (what collector's often call the Queen's crown) was issued by the government. Ade's badge is the official issue type and is likely a WW2 issue judging by the type of materials used in it's construction.

Comment

Here is the one I was issued back in '71. The RCR is the longest serving regular force Line regiment in Canada
            Attached Files

Comment

rare RCR badge

HERE is one I am sure you have never seen before,sorry about the poor scan but important details are there.
              Attached Files

Comment

Paul, do you have any details on that badge? Prototype?

Comment

THIS BADGE was made up after Queen Victoria died for the few member who would represent CANADA at the enthronement of EDWARD V11. They could not
                  go over to Britian still wearing the cypher of Queen Victoria, so they came up with this generic badge. How many where made unknown but I think no more than 50 and maybe far less.The RCR museum had never seen it until I set a pic several years ago. Enjoy

Paul

Comment

Very nice. What a rare iece of history you have there.

Comment

Thanks for the reply it is indeed one of the great rarities. The reverse is marked with a great fastener which I do not want to show and let a faker have a go at it. There is one in CANADA who specializes in badges like this.

PAUL

Comment

Might have to drive out to Irma one of these days to have a peek at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Strong View Post
                          Might have to drive out to Irma one of these days to have a peek at it.
                          lol That could be arranged

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X