Trousers Identity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trousers Identity

Having viewed Jack's superb posting it jogged my memory about this pair of Trousers. I have owned them for some while and do not know exactly what they are. I am sure that someone on the forum will know straight away and will appreciate the information. I expect that the label will be a giveaway, but I can not make it out. Three of the pockets are chamois lined and there is a fastening method for a fighting knife I believe. Perhaps these are copies, or foreign, any advice will be much appreciated. Clive.
    Attached Files

Trousers Identity

Image 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Trousers Identity

Image 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Trousers Identity

Image 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Trousers Identity

Image 5
          Attached Files

Comment

Trousers Identity

Image 6
            Attached Files

Comment

Clive, I think it says Turnhout on the label? In that case it is Belgium made, BD and KD was made by various Belgian taylors late 1944 onwards for the Britsish army.

Cheers, Luc

Comment

I think these have been made up by a reenactor.

I can just about make out the date of 1949 on the label too, at the top in the middle.

Jack.

Comment

I'm not too sure Jack, I've seen a number of these turn up in Belgium over the years. Could be genuine post-war kit?

Luc

Comment

Very true Luc, could be a Belgian copy of the Parachutists' trousers! Nice if they were!

Jack.

Comment

Clive, perhaps you can post these in the international section of the forum?

Cheers, Luc

Comment

Trousers Identity

Thank you for your comments Luc and Jack. It seems that they could be Belgian manufacture and will do as suggested and post this on the International Forum. The date on the label I just can not make out, it certainly does look 194? something. Regards, Clive.

Comment

My opinion says post war.

Wartime trousers have the big pocket on the leg at the front, p49 trousers have these on the side.

Atleast thats my opinion.

Comment

I don't think it is a modified pair of P49 trousers, these have 2 rear pockets (I don't mean the field dressing pockets but the one above that).

Luc

Comment

On the subject of the style of these trousers, can anyone tell me which which countries / makes used that style of button-down belt flaps? I've only seen something similar on Canadian period makes...

Many pre-State Israeli Jewish forces (from at least 1940) wore pants of that style, but they don't match any of the pictures in my sources...

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X