Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Neede Help Identifying 'Union Jack' FLAG

Hi to ALL,

I have recently aquired, what was purported to be an 'Old War Union Jack' Flag, and am Trying to Find Out what it is.

Flag - Yes, Union Jack - Yes, but has More on the Flag that I can't identify, so asking if Someone could Please Help Me.

The Flag is as follows, Blue background with UNION JACK in top Left Corner (hope I have it round the right way),

It then has in the Body of the flag a Logo which is, an Arm reaching upwards from what looks to be Castle Battlement, holding a Double Ended Torch at an Angle with Flames at both Top and Bottom ends, there is also a Pair of Wings coming off Torch. There is also 6 Lightning Bolts spread around the Lower Half of the Logo.

It has a Makers Name stencilled on section that has Cord, this is what looks to be '??? SMART & Sons Ltd LONDON' and what looks to be either 1913 or 1943 with a W and Arrow D (presume for War Dept) and 85 under the WD.

Also stamped is '2YD, RE Ensign Cat no KO 213?' maybe a 6 or 8.

Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated,

Thanks

Daveinoz.

Hi,
    Your description fits this one. Royal Engineers water-craft ensign, introduced 1943-1944. See second image on this page:

http://www.fotw.net/flags/gb%5Erets.html

Cheers, Ken
    Last edited by Ken MacLean; 03-22-2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Brilliant Ken, Thankyou

Thank You very Much Ken,

Led me right to the Spot, and also had a great time branching off to other Flag bits and pieces,

David.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X