No announcement yet.

Aussie slouch hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An excellent selection of Slouch hats and some useful info on them.

Comment

Thoughts on this one?
      Attached Files

Comment

Private purchase military or civilian?
        Attached Files

Comment

last set...era? buy? or run?
          Attached Files

Comment

NickG, it's a civilian hat that was sold in the stores here in Australia with an 1949-1954 era Australian army badge that has been added onto it.

- Chris

Comment

OK thanks for confirming my suspicion. No big deal, as I already own a genuine Digger military slouch hat WW2 dated

Comment

The '56' sizing is modern European and the sweat band is not genuine leather, both tell tale clues.

Comment

Hoping to show images of 1942 slouch hat

Hi All. I'm new here.
                  My father-in-law (who unfortunately passed away in 2011) has a wonderful 1942 Aussie slouch hat- 2nd/1st Antitank Battalion 6th Division 2nd Australian Imperial Force. I'd love to share these images with you. That's why I joined the forum. But unfortunately under Posting Rules it states "You may not post attachments".
                  I would appreciate if anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong so I could go ahead and post these images.
                  Thanks so much. Love the pictures in this post.
                  Cheers, Yaz.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaz View Post
                    Hi All. I'm new here.
                    My father-in-law (who unfortunately passed away in 2011) has a wonderful 1942 Aussie slouch hat- 2nd/1st Antitank Battalion 6th Division 2nd Australian Imperial Force. I'd love to share these images with you. That's why I joined the forum. But unfortunately under Posting Rules it states "You may not post attachments".
                    I would appreciate if anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong so I could go ahead and post these images.
                    Thanks so much. Love the pictures in this post.
                    Cheers, Yaz.
                    You have to become a paid up association member to be able to post pics directly to the forum or use a photo hosting site, which some chose to do. I am not currently a member and no longer post images here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
                      You have to become a paid up association member to be able to post pics directly to the forum or use a photo hosting site, which some chose to do. I am not currently a member and no longer post images here.
                      Thanks so much Bond for letting me know. Explains all. Cheers .
                      Last edited by Yaz; 08-08-2017, 08:02 AM. Reason: no capital at beginning of sentence. My bad (!).

Comment

My father-in-law's 1942 Aussie slouch hat.

Thanks to fellow Wehrmacht-Awards member Bond, I was able to produce a link and form an album so you may view this wonderful Aussie slouch hat.
                        My departed father-in-law, Gilbert (Burt) Halcrow was in the 2nd World War, 2nd/1st Antitank Battalion 6th Division 2nd Australian Imperial Force and fought in New Guinea. The hat is stamped 1942.
                        I hope you enjoy the images.
                        Any feedback greatly appreciated.
                        https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...ez2o760HQ9JL0k

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X