Q. Parachute wings opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q. Parachute wings opinions please

I bought the following as a reproduction for use on a reenacting uniform recently. When I was able to have a good look at it I realised it's about the best reproduction wing I've seen, so I just wanted to double check it wasn't original, as it would be a trgedy to sew it onto a uniform and trash it. Does anyone know where/when these wer produced as I'd love to get another.
    I'm afraid I don't have a blue light to check the thread.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...etty/wings.jpg

Thanks, Jon.

Jon, it's an ok reproduction. Not the best, but far from the worst. As far as I know they were produced a few years ago and probably still are being made to this day. The most likely country of origin is Pakistan but what company had them made I don't know. I do remember Andrew Butler having some like this though.

By far the best reproduction of the standard Parachute qualification wings is the type currently made by Steve Kiddle at Pegasus Militaria. They are £12 to buy and well worth that, even if you only use them for reference.

Jack.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jack, I had heard great things about Steve's wings and will be getting a pair or two in the fullness of time (the pictures on his site don't seem to load for me very well). I appreciate your help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X