8th Cdn Recce Badge - Opinions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8th Cdn Recce Badge - Opinions Needed

Hello, this is the last Cap Badge I need to complete my WWII Canadian Divisional Cap Badge Collection. It is the 8th Canadian Reconnaissance Regt Cap Badge and unfortunately it is the most costly one and therefore highly faked. Can I get some opinions on this badge please before I plop down $400 dollars for it?<O</O
    <O
    Thanks,<O</O
    John<O</O
    Attached Files

Originally posted by John F. View Post
    Hello, this is the last Cap Badge I need to complete my WWII Canadian Divisional Cap Badge Collection. It is the 8th Canadian Reconnaissance Regt Cap Badge and unfortunately it is the most costly one and therefore highly faked. Can I get some opinions on this badge please before I plop down $400 dollars for it?<O</O
    <O
    Thanks,<O</O
    John<O</O
    Hello John,

Let me start off by saying that I am not an expert on this particular badge, but I do, however, have one in my collection that I picked up about 20 years ago from a veteran. He was not in the 8th RECCE, but had picked it up along with other souveniers that he had from his time in the service. My badge is identical to yours, so I would lean towards it being good. Hopefully others will offer an opinion....

Gary

Comment

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your time and response. Any chance you could post a pic of you badge?

John

Comment

Originally posted by John F. View Post
        Hi Gary,

Thank you for your time and response. Any chance you could post a pic of you badge?

John
        Hi John,

Ive sent you a PM...

Gary

Comment

These are tough as there are some excellent copies around. However, from what I can see I think this one looks to be okay. Has the obverse been polished? Perhaps it's the photos bit the colour of the badge put me off initially.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

your badge is very real good find

PAUL

Comment

Here is an auction for a copy badge. As you can see, from the front it is pretty good, but from the back, it's an obvious copy when you can compare it to an original.

http://cgi.ebay.com/8th-Recce-Cap-Ba...QQcmdZViewItem

Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X