SAS Officers Shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAS Officers Shirt

Thanks for the further observations from Alan, 101combatvet and others. It has been an interesting thread and some equally interesting and valid comments have been made. I have no plans to part with this shirt (though I have received a couple of tempting offers) at any time or reason I can think of. I am content to keep it as an example with perhaps a few (or a lot of) question marks hanging over it. Thanks again for all the imput, over and out! Clive.

Comment

Jack I did say look like and not are.
      The ones I have, from stores, are,
      embroidered wool for No2 dress and for "Greens" (combat shirt) embroidered cotton then padded and finally sewn onto og.

Therefore I say similar.
      (James Shortt Special Forces Insignia page 44 item 194 gives an example)
      I'm not an expert just an observer and enjoy learning so anything you can post will be helpful.
      Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts View Post
        Hi Clive,

The fact that it is not identical doesn't really say much in my opinion. The way in which these badges were/are made, be it Egypt in 1942 or Pakistan in 2002, it is near impossible to make another identical example. Very similar yes, but never identical.

"popskipa" has a few questionable bits on eBay at the moment, none of which I would be happy to own. He does list the occasional dud but whether he does this knowingly or not I cannot comment on.

I'm sure Des et al (if I am lucky ) will back me up on my opinion of the cloth beret badge in the auction http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...100192847&rd=1

I hope you don't think I'm trying to decare war on this issue of the wings on the shirt - I just hate to see people get good amounts of money taken off them for dodgy items. Not only is it frustrating to the buyer but to some extent I think it spoils history?

Will post them image of the wings as soon as I have them.

Many thanks, from Jack.
        The pictures from the auction for future ref .Rob
        Attached Files
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Reverse
          Attached Files
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I agree with Jack, the cap badge above is as dodgy as a 3 quid note.

Comment

Please post some scans of those badges.

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
              This wing looks nothing like Italian made patches or wings that I have seen and own that are original WW2 period.

Comment

Just adding to this thread to make it achive-like:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1945-SAS-Airbo...QQcmdZViewItem

A nice original red beret with a fake early type SAS cloth cap badge. Very crude, thick, sloppy embroidery - not even close to what an original should look like. Anyway - would it not be unusual to find an early type cap badge on a red beret, especially a 1945 dated one?

I wonder who is going to splash their cash on this one!!
                Attached Files

Comment

That BKP guy use to sell good stuff. Bought a few bits off him over the years. That badge is dodgy though. Even if it was good I imagine very few old timers would have worn a red beret

Comment

Hey 101combatvet, are you going to post your original Italian made SAS patches and wings? We would love to see them.

Originally Posted by 101combatvet
                    This wing looks nothing like Italian made patches or wings that I have seen and own that are original WW2 period.
                    <!-- / message --><!-- sig --> __________________

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X