Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very, VERY SWEEEET !

That's one hell of a nice beret and the badge looks like it's been on there for a long time. Conrats on getting a very rare little combination! In my experience, it is very difficult indeed finding wartime dated Canadian airborne berets let alone one with the badge original to it.
          \
          Thanks for showing,

Konrad

Comment

I agree... that is one sweet beret

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments. I mainly collect German helmets but with the crazy high prices and the constant question of authenticity I have now decided to focus my collecting towards 1st can Para and British airborne. I hope to make some good contacts here and hopefully some great friends. Here is my last item of 1st can Para.
              Edward
              Attached Files

Comment

Back
                Attached Files

Comment

Good looking example
                  Scott

Comment

Thats indeed a hell of a beret, looks very good! You are lucky to find one!
                    But dont think collecting British/Canadian airborne is easy, its also very hard to find unmessed nice items!
                    Get rid of the German crap, commenwealth is much nicer to collect!

Jeroen

Comment

Hello Ed,

Nice one, I have a beret just like it in my collection but mine has an officers badge on it.

I just recently picked up a lot of airborne items including a very nice Grand'mere (Canadian made) maroon beret, a maker which I had never seen before. I can email photos if someone would like to post them.

Also in the lot were three denison smocks and a 1CPB battledress tunic.

Cheers,

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by wolf76 View Post
                        Thanks guys for the comments. I mainly collect German helmets but with the crazy high prices and the constant question of authenticity I have now decided to focus my collecting towards 1st can Para and British airborne. I hope to make some good contacts here and hopefully some great friends. Here is my last item of 1st can Para.
                        Edward
                        Hi Edward,

That too is a nice piece. The plastic Canadian Parachute Corps cap badges are also getting more difficult to find these days. Stay tuned for Ken Joyce's (Force 136 on the Forum) up coming book on collecting 1st Can Para which should be completed and ready for printing by the end of this month. This book will be the definitive book on the subject and a must for anyone interested in this area of collecting. It will also help to answer many questions such as which company actually produced the plastic cap badge and how to basically date the cloth jump wings which is a difficult area to understand unless you know the basic wartime examples.

Is there any history with the beret?

Regards,

Konrad

Comment

Send them to me Gary, i`ll post them if you like!

Jeroen

Comment

Hi Konrad,

I got the beret off a friend who collects 1st can Para, he didn’t tell me how he got it but I know he had it for a while. Please keep me posted as to when Ken Joyce's book will available, sounds like a good read. Gary I would to see your 1st can Para item's as well as your other airborne items.

Regards,

Edward

Comment

Gary`s beret !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X