shoulder title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shoulder title

Hello guys,can anyone help to identify this shoulder title.Its in white metal and I guess is Indian Army though I don't know what period.Cheers,

Paul
    Attached Files

Hi Paul, my Grandad wore this title in WW2. You must have missed a thread I did a few weeks ago as it featured in it It is for the St John Ambulance Brigade. The "5" is for the area.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

shoulder title

Cheers Ade, I did indeed miss your thread,I thought it was for some wierd and wonderful North West frontier unit,all the best,

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, glad to help I have seen them for sale recently at £8.00. per title.

I am not sure of how big a geographical area was covered by each numbered area. My Grandad served in Nottinghamshire.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

HI PAUL ,things like this are always worth a gamble if they are cheap , bought one of me local market about 10 years ago no idea what it was , by the time i got home i had convinced me self it was a very rare title for `SOUTHERN JAMAICAN ARMOURED BRIGADE ( honest !) regards ,Michael
          p.s when you gonna sell your beach signals title ?/

Comment

shoulder title

Cheers Ade,Michael.The title belongs to a guy at work who found it among some military items belonging to his grandfather,he remembers that grandpa was in the st Johns Ambulance brigade after he left the army.I was going to tell him it stood for the 5th South Jellalabad Armoured Brigade but thought better of it!All the best,

Paul

(Don't hold your breath on the Beach signals title Mike!)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X