Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet on estand

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=198753

This looks like the work of Anthony Arthur or Captain Corelli or Luvjoy the notourious Ebay faker of Brit lids ,attached is a photo of one of his many lids .Am I right or am I wrong Rob.
    Attached Files
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

I think you are right Rob. Looks like it was made yesterday.

Comment

Or rather it looks like it was painted yesterday and obviously aged.

Comment

Does look awfully "sparkly", don't it?

Comment

I had my doubts about it but couldn't post in the thread as my association memberships lapsed. It does look like those fake ones that are on eBay

- Chris

Comment

In fact I know I am right as there is a thread about the helmet for sale on the Militaria collectors network . We used to post pictures of all the helmets he had up for sale and his mumbo jumbo descriptions .AAF you should demand your money back from the person who sold it to you .Rob.
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Looks like a Canadian liner which does not go with chin strap do not like the decal either.

Comment

Interesting... Well that's why I don't collect helmets

Incredible. The inside of the helmet is marked F&L 119/ 1 1939. Upon close inspection of the insignia it does look pretty "bad". I'll pull it and call it a loss.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you got caught by this fake helmet. Thanks for doing the right thing and withdrawing it from sale. I have now removed the thread.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

This captain corelli guy, or whatever his name is has been dressing up lids like this for quite some time. Not only does he fake these Commonwealth lids, but he also fakes many American M1 lids. In photos, his work looks ok but hands on is a different story.

Comment

That one hurt!

I wish I had known. It actually appears that the sand paint is good but the painted decal is off.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X